Since I took very few pictures over Christmas and I have not posted in many weeks, I will pretend that nothing happened during that time (when in reality we were going crazy which was why I did not post).
To ring in the New Year John and I are making a monumental post. This is the first blog post that we have authored together. I think it is safe to say that John and I are glad to see 2007 gone and are looking forward to 2008. Why you may ask?
Highlights of 2007.....
1. John is done with another year of school.
2. Another wonderful year of marriage.
3. Loss of grandpas on both sides of our family.
4. New family member: Molly.
5. Traveling to Austin 2 times, Kansas 5 times, California 1 time, Washington DC 1 time, Arkansas 1 time.
6. Thanksgiving visitors from the North Country (Kansas).
7. One half marathon and one sprint triathlon for Erika.
8. John's academic success: Blocker's Scholar, 2nd place in the National Student Research Forum, Seymour Fisher Award, and remaining at the top of his medical school class the whole time.
9. Moving into our new house and LOVING it.
10. Weather: experiencing our first hurricane, a mild winter, and a ridiculously humid summer.
Highlights to come of 2008 (hopefully)...
1. Exciting school opportunities for both John and me.
2. John starts his PhD which, more significantly means he has finished his first two years of medical school.
3. Full Marathon (26.2 miles) for Erika in Washington DC among the monuments.
4. New family members: two weddings (Becca & Joe and Elizabeth & Dathan) and baby (Baby Fredin).
5. Three year anniversary.
6. Becoming more involved with Clear Creek Community Church and our Galveston Small Group.
7. Keeping out New Year's Resolutions to be healthier.
8. Annette's graduation from Remington High School.
9. John takes his first set of Board Exams.
10. Leaving room for something surprising.