Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Golden Birthday

John turn 26 this weekend on the 26th. According to Annette, that is the Golden Birthday. We had a private birthday party (me and John). We slept in, ate biscuits and gravy, and went to the jazz festival in Kemah. Mostly we just had a lazy day, but it was great!
Here is John at the jazz festival.

Here is John with his birthday present. Thanks to all the donors who helped with the cause. He loves it. In fact, when I gave it to him, he loved it so much he wants to bring the 78 Camaro down to Texas so he has something to work on. On one hand, I am glad he and Efrian aren't taken our running cars apart, but on the other hand I am a little scared. I can't believe I did not think of the ramifications of this gift.

3 comments:

Marcia said...

Happy Birthday John! Looks like a great way to spend the day! Nice gift - I bet you do love it! Joel already wants to use his pickup to pull your car down - boys all think alike about their vehicles!

grandmabutch said...

Great picture John. So glad you had such a good day and good wife. Grandpa would like one that--that is the compressor. He already has the good wife!!!!!

Kevin said...

Happy belated birthday golden boy!! Every birthday is golden when you get THAT old!!