- Erika got sick for 3 weeks with a gastroenteritis and then a bacterial infection. John is currently sick with some nausea, vomiting, and fever bug.
- Erika got accepted to Baylor PA school and subsequently turned them down for the UTMB position. It was a difficult decision but I think it was best for John and me. You can pray that the details with UTMB will be worked out especially scholarships since neither of us will be working and the several months of rotations that are away
- Our friend Sarah (an MD/PhD) student moved in just down the street from us. Now, we have friends within walking distance.
- Erika has only 1 remaining test at Galveston College on May 8. I can not wait to be done with my undergraduate classes.
- John has only 1 test of UTMB Medical School classes remaining. It is on May 9. Then on June 12 he takes his big USMLE Step 1 Board Exam. He will not truly be done studying until he takes that test.
- Our friends Kevin and Meghan had their baby boy, Tye, and their other daughter Kaitlin turned two. Click here to see pictures of John and I at both events.
- Our Clear Creek Small Group moved to our house for a few months while waiting for the Flemmons family to recover from the new baby.
- We bought a new laptop for Erika because PA school requires it. I have a webcam now so I can talk to ya'll anywhere. Let us know if you have one and if you want to chat, and I will try to figure out how to use it.
I have plans of more grand things to come in the next month...