Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Joe, Bananas, and Cars

Joe was the last of our visitors for the fall. Of course, more are welcome, but we don't have any more reservations booked. Joe was here from Friday to early this morning. We mostly just relaxed and enjoyed are long three day weekend. We spent some time on the beach, eating, grilling, napping, and swimming in the pool. Among other things, we conquered the great frontier of Village by the Sea and went exploring for a banana tree similar to the one that Joe brought back from Africa. He has become quite the botanist. I was reminded of how similar Joe and John are. Did you know that they might even use the same biology computer program for their respective theses? It's uncanny. Another way they are similar, you are seeing two of the only moments when the two of them were actaully being compliant and letting my take their picture.




Second, I was in a fender bender on Friday. I was not hurt, but the front end of the car got a little beat up. The picture here is as close as I could get to the car on a weekend. You can see where the hood is bent up, but you will have to use your imagination for the rest. The damage came out to $3700. Thank goodness we have insurance. John helped to brighten my day with not a dozen, but 14 yellow roses. Needless to say, they helped.

5 comments:

the fredin's said...

ahhh!! that is so sweet you got flowers!! :) looks like you guys had a great time! now the car....did not have such a good time :(. well let this make you feel better: the last time i got flowers were from jeremys parents! not him, his parents ;). haha. well i say this every time but i can't wait until we can come down and see you!

the fredin's said...

by the way, you look more beautiful in every picture i see of you!!

aunteem said...

Hug each other for me. I was going to call you on the way home from the hospital tonight; but knew you had already been on the phone quite a little! Sorry for the car thing; but so grateful you are okay. PTL!
With love and prayers.

the fredin's said...

It was good talking to you yesterday! I think we should get that trip to San Antonio planned. Sounds great to me! Then you would get your road trip! Yay for road trips!! :) I have an idea, you could take a 21 hour road trip to.......INDIANA!!!! I like that idea.

erin(DANIELLE) said...

you are gorgeous! wow!